Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday School and Flat Stanley


My person, who is a teacher,
does not normally go to work on Saturdays.
But, today she announced that she was going to go
to a training to learn about a smart board
called the Promethean Board.

Well, it could be interesting.


The assistant principal held the door open in the morning,
so it would have been rude to stop for a photo when we arrived.
I posed for a photo when she started her computer.
The big white board in the background is a Promethean Board.

One woman, who had come to help set up the training,
asked me if I was a part of a Flat Stanley project.
My person explained how she is taking photos of me
for a photo project on Ipernity. 



A short time into the training,
the participants used what they had learned to copy this picture.
How did my person do?

Then I waited and waited and waited...
through the rest of the training and through lunch,
which she enjoyed with other teachers instead of with me!

Finally...
It was time to leave!
This is an atrium area by the school office.


We walked away from the school for more photos.
The nice teacher I had met the day I played on the playground
drove by and said "Your car is the other way!"
My person answered that she was taking pictures of me in front of the school.


Another teacher walked by.
My person leaned over to get more photos of me.
The teacher watched from his car and finally asked
"Is that a Flat Stanley project?"
Then she explained about how many of our friends 
have photo projects with toys.


************************************


But now, I was curious.
Who is Flat Stanley?
What is a Flat Stanley Project?

Flat Stanley is a book character in an old children's book.
My person said it was one of her favorites when she was young.
Stanley becomes flat through an accident,
and finds that he has new abilities as a flat person...
like being able to be sent in an envelope!

Older Version My Person Remembers
New Edition


Now school children can make their own Flat Stanley,
and send him off (or take him) to other places,
where he can get his photo taken.
It is a good way to learn about other people and places!






These are some Flat Stanley photos I found
through Google.
















Hey...this is the high road to Taos!
I've been here!

Yep....looks pretty much like we do around here,
except non of us is flat!!!

So, I guess I was doing a Flat Stanley Project!


Who knew that you could learn something at school,
even when you go on a Saturday?





No comments:

Post a Comment